Below are several questions most buyers have. If you have a question that isn’t on our list, feel free to click the link at the bottom to ask us!
- 1. How long does it take to buy a house?
- 2. What does my credit score have to be to qualify to buy?
- 3. Can I work with more than one realtor?
- 4. Does the agent from the sign in the yard have to show me the house?
- 5. Do I have to get a home inspection?
- 6. What is the difference in the home inspection and the appraisal?
- 7. When do I get to move in?
1. How long does it take to buy a house?
Once you find the home you want, it typically takes 30-45 days to close.
2. What does my credit score have to be to qualify to buy?
Typically, most lenders prefer a 640 or higher. There are select lenders who will accept 620, however.
3. Can I work with more than one realtor?
Realtors get paid for our time, expertise, and customer service. But we don’t get paid until closing day. So choose one realtor and stick with them! It saves everyone lots of headache and hassle.
4. Does the agent from the sign in the yard have to show me the house?
No, any licensed agent can show any home! Real estate agents cooperate with one another to get homes sold! So, call your realtor and schedule the appointment with them!
5. Do I have to get a home inspection?
Home inspections are vital to the home buying process. While not required to obtain an inspection legally, all buyers should have their prospective home inspected to make sure it isn’t hiding any problems that may be costly to repair.
6. What is the difference in the home inspection and the appraisal?
Your lender will require that a valuation appraisal of the property be completed to ensure the home is worth what they are lending. The home inspection is something that the buyer will have done independently to ensure the home is free from major issues.
7. When do I get to move in?
You will be free to occupy the home once the closing is complete. On closing day, you will get the keys to your castle. So you will be free to move in!
Buck Realty is the best source of information about the local community and real estate topics. Give Gina Buck a call today at (334) 657-0939 to learn more about local areas, discuss selling a house, or tour available homes for sale.